Wednesday, January 20, 2016
PROFESSIONAL TIPS FOR BEAUTIFUL RADIANT SKIN
1. By far the most important thing you can do is to stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen of SPF-30 or higher. Did you know that over 80% of our skins’ damage is caused from exposure, especially exposure to the sun? Preventing the damage in the first place is much easier than fixing it after the fact, so wear your sunscreen.
2. Believe it or not even the slightest sensitivity to dairy and/or wheat can have a dramatic impact on the appearance of your skin. As we know, our skin is the largest organ in our bodies and therefore is affected by how we treat it, both internally and externally. How do you know if you have a sensitivity or not? I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice. However, I am a skin care expert so speaking from that platform here is what I know to be true in over 35+ years of experience. If you notice breakouts that look more like a rash than pimples, they can be pustules or not, red in color, and may or may not itch, you may have sensitivity to dairy and/or wheat. I recommend removing both items from your diet for 1 month and then add them back, 1 at a time, a month apart. Take notice of the changes in your skin and then you’ll know if you are one of the many who suffer from sensitivities to these foods. See your doctor for testing and diagnosis.
3. Sleep is very important to the health and appearance of your skin. When you are sleep deprived, your circulation slows and your body does not rejuvenate at the same rate it does when well rested. Your cells go to work at night, repairing what they can. If they cannot repair while you sleep it will be obvious in the way your skin looks. Your skin will look dull, sallow and puffy if you are not well rested. So get your Z’s.
4. Pay attention to your neck and chest! Most of the same products you use on your face should be used on your neck and chest, with the exception of how you exfoliate this area. The skin on the neck and chest is different than the skin on your face, you have less fat on the neck and chest, the skin is generally thinner in these areas. You need to use an exfoliator specifically designed for this area. Of course my recommendation is Décolleté & Neck Resurfacing Elixir by Beautiful Radiant Skin Products.
5. Diet is very important to the health of your skin. Your diet has a huge impact on the appearance of your skin. I recommend a diet full of fresh vegetables, low glycemic fruits, like berries, fresh juices of mostly vegetables, healthy fats like nuts and fish, and at least 6-8 glasses of water a day. Foods that contain refined sugar, salt, simple carbohydrates like white flour are not good for your skin.
6. Use a good Vitamin-C Elixir daily under your sunscreen. I recommend Vitamin-C Antioxidant Elixir by Beautiful Radiant Skin Products. Use of this product will retard your skins’ ability to form hyper-pigmentation (dark spots).
7. This should go without saying, but that won’t stop me. Do not drink alcohol daily or smoke!!! Alcohol in moderation, a few drinks a week is fine, but even at that pace it is dehydrating to your skin. Smoking is NEVER okay. If you smoke….stop-it!